- Started in a small town called Planters – met up with a human inquisitor and a half elf…
Traveled to Polyhedra, met a capable weaponsmith and began to learn from him.
Met a mad prospector, shared some of his wealth with us. Cant remember where his stash was…
Dealt with some nasty undeath in a swamp, took sample of black ooze – will have to follow up on this.
Managed to forge a sword with the prospectors gifts and a dire boar we hunted down.
- Traveled to Freehaven at Tran’s request, fought harpies on the way. Nasty bird ladies.
Met a mute easterner named Ans – rescued from sacrifice. A quiet and capable fighter – the human will like him.
- Arrived in Freehaven. What a mess.
A wizard named Trawl said he could identify ooze, asked us for a “favor” to travel all the way to the coast and get a ton of clay and other stuff. Nothing better to do, lets go.
- Took a stupid magic road to coast. Why didnt they just make the roads go straight? Would have been easier. The roads took us to our destination but we lost Ans. Perhaps his destination was not the same as ours – I wish him well.
- The coastal people have been converted into a work force for eastern white men. Not sure why they wanted to do that, but they didn’t seem to want to leave.
Forman of the clay mine asked us to wipe out a threat to their workforce. Probably a dumb superstition, whatever.
- Today I learned about Hags – definitely dumb, not a superstition. How could only three of them harass so many coastal people for generations? Silly humans.
Found a neat journal that practically writes itself.
The clay foreman made good on his deal – I’m ready to leave.
- Made it back to Freehaven.
Went to meet Trawl at a fort outside of town – He was being impersonated by some female wizard in a mask. A hermit came out of the bushes to help expose her identity. We were all immobilized while they had some kind of wacky wizard fight. It ended in us being cast into a dungeon – thanks, hermit.
- The lady in the mask is the one who made the black ooze – luckily, the execution was botched resulting in a lesser threat. Will have to follow up on this.
Fought our way out of the dungeon, took Trawl’s body back to his estate.
His stupid little servant didnt believe we were not responsible for Trawls death. I’m not sticking around to change his mind – theres no justice for my people in the cities of men.
Time to leave Freehaven – it is a silly place.